Yes, I am a full time working mother. I realize that some of you would consider that an oxy-moron and say that all mothers work full time. Well there is a difference. I not only have that cute little small customer that I take care of, but a list of other large customer that require attention. How do you divide your time between them, well in this case, you figure it out and then end up in burn out mode. I have hit burn out. BAH!
For those of you that have never worked full time (for an actual company and your kids) you may think you understand, but I can assure you, you don't. You have no clue so don't try to make me feel better and tell me oh "I understand, I have so and so number of kids and it is just like your job". NO it is not! And don't try to tell me to just quit. It is not that easy. I like to be able to afford the items that my child requires instead of relying on government assistance. Welfare was meant to help those who truly need it, not those who are just to darn lazy to get a job. If you feel you are poor and just don't know what to do, go out and get a dang job, even a part time one where you work in the evenings and your significant other watches the kids. Stop complaining to me.
Now, granted I only have one child, but that is enough to know that I give huge kudos to those mothers who have to work to survive, to help their children make it! And Single working mothers, even more kudos to you! I really don't know how you do it.
Can you tell I am burnt out? Incessant ramblings from a tired momma....
Later
I feel like I'm not really qualified to respond to this since I'm not actually a momma, but I'll comment anyway.
ReplyDeleteI guess I can relate a little because my job (during the school year) keeps me from being a good wife. And by being a good wife, I mean actually coming home and not working 14 hour days. Every time this becomes an issue, which unfortunately is pretty often, I just reevaluate where my priorities lie and adjust. With teaching, I have had to let certain things go. Sometimes, I feel like it makes me not a good teacher, but I'd rather be less of a teacher than less of a wife (or mother in your case).
Stick in there! I know it can't be easy.
Oh, I feel for you. You have 30 kids and that is your job...to babysit all of them for 8 hrs a day and then you still have to go home and grade their papers. My mom was a 4 grade teacher and she worked hard and still worked hard for us when she got home.
Delete