Friday, June 1, 2012

LMFAO

So this past Wednesday my cousin and I went to a LMFAO concert at the Maverik Center.  Anyone who knows me well enough knows that it is not really my cup of tea, but the tickets were free and in the suite sections.  So, hey, why not go?  Well, either I am old or the music was too loud and I may or may not have had a small seizure from all of the flashing lights. (JK)  It was good entertainment for the night and a few hours away from the kiddo.  Well who would have known that I would end up very irritated with some of the people.  For the most part it was fun to people watch and see all of the teeny boppers walking around in neon colors and outfits straight out of the 80's or barely anything at all.  BTW, the 80's called and they want their style back!  Who on earth in their right mind would like that style, oh, wait, kids who were born in the 90's!  I don't see that style coming back so why the 80's?  No, those super skinny jeans do not look good with your muffin top!

Anyway, on with the irritation...

When the concert was getting started, as the suite was right next to where people come in and out of the regular section, we (meaning everyone in the suite) watched as this lady with her 18 month old walk down the stairs to their seats.  Then a little while later as the concert took full swing, we watch as she walked back up the stairs with a visibly upset and scared little girl.  Mind you this little cutie did not have ear plugs in, hence the crying and scared face.  One of the guys in the suite with us told the lady that "You need to take your child home" to which the lady replied just a little irritated "I am".  Well what a lie, she brought her daughter back in about 20 minutes later and walked down the stairs.  I just about jumped the metal railing and pulled that little girl from her sad excuse for a mom.  Who in their right mind would take their small child to a rock concert.  That could and may have cause irreparable damage to that baby's ear drums and/or possibly ruptured them.  I could not believe what people will bring their children to.  There should be an age restriction for any type of concert.  You can't bring your baby to a play or adult movie, why a concert where there were a lot of foul words and innuendos that they could learn and replay for you. 

Well, maybe I am just old.  I am feeling it more each day even if you don't think I am that old, I sure feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment