Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Shock and Awe

So we got back from our second road trip with kiddo.  We went to Moab with the in-laws for their annual "winter" vacation.  This year, instead of snow mobiling as there was no snow, we went 4-wheeling.  I must say it was a nice change of pace and warmer than the snow would have been.  Unfortunatly, Izzy was sick again, but was it really again?  Apparently NO.  She still had that pesky ear infection that plauged her 3 weeks earlier.  The husband took her to see the pediatrician and we even got an apology from the Doc himself with the fact that the first round of antiboitics did not take care of the problem.  WOW, is all I have to say a doctor apologizing?  That is my Shock and Awe.

Izzy has been such a trooper.  She is happy even when she is sick.  I have decided that if a baby, who does not know right from wrong, can be happy when feeling so crappy, then I can be happy when I feel crappy too!  It is all a mental state.  Now if only I could have a positive attitude about the pumping.  I really am getting tired of pumping and clogged milk ducts. 

Well spring has sprung here in grand ol'Utah.  My hiacynths have bloomed and now I am just waiting on the tuplips!! (I realize i spelled that wrong, but Tuplips sounds so much more fun)  I need to get out and plant the cold weather plants as well.  So much to do.  We might be getting rid of the chickens as they are defective and eat their eggs before we can get to them.  The husband just about killed my rose bushes yesterday by pruning them too much (IMHO) and I have a feeling that they are just going to die now. 

I also got a new calling!  No more NURSERY!  Woo Hoo, but now I am the Relief Society chorister.  Great, I don't have a beat in my body, but some how I have to lead a bunch of women. 

Well, I am not sure what else to say.  Our little family is doing well.  Kiddo sleeps through the night even if the mommy does not.  All though the husband says that my snoring is improving.  I wonder if the super low thyroid that I have was causing the sleeping issues.  I was starting to think I had narcolepsy.  I would just randomly fall asleep at work, I was always super cold and I majically gained weight even when I made no changes in my routine.  So after 4 months of this I finally decided that I would see the doctor while I still have decent insurance (thanks Obamacare and your stupidity cause I am sure the husband's company is going to make us have a HDHP next year)  Here are the results:

TSH: 136.49 (normal range:  .41-4.67)
T4: .41 (normal range: .71-1.46)

Yep, I am broken, but have a pill to fix it and it is some GOOD stuff.  I am feeling better already after a week on it.

Next post I will add pictures of the kiddo.

Later

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new calling. I was asked to be chorister on a whim in a ward I was visiting. The song was in 6/8 and I looked like a total dummy up there. The good thing is that I don't think anyone was watching me except the poor pianist who gave up after the first measure. :)

    I hope the second round of antibiotics works for poor Izzy. What's trooper she is! I'm also glad your medicine is helping you feel better. Being sleepy all the time sucks!

    ReplyDelete