Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Trials

I have noticed over the past 10 years that when I have trials, they seem to come in waves.  I guess that is the Lord's way of seeing if I can handle.  Not many know, and thank goodness, not many read this blog, but My husband has been laid off.  We knew it was going to happen within the year, which is why I was still working.  I was hoping at the end of the year to quit though.  That will not be happening.  We lose Dallin's insurance which is FAR FAR better than the Banks.  With the bank we are going to pay more premium and have a extremly large deductible.  Not only has that surfaced but a week ago so major changes happened at work.  I am moving offices, moving bosses, and losing my flex time for some BS reason.  "If we do it for you, then we have to do it for everyone"...what a load.  I thought companies were Family Oriented, not "we don't care about you unless you make us look bad".  I am tired of the politics that happen at work.  Just let me do my job the best way I know how and let me be happy doing it.  Well there is our lives in paragraph.

On to happier notes...

Izard is doing amazing.  She is so smart.  She weaned herself off a pacifier at 2 months, sat up on her own at 6 months, Started crawling at 10.5 months, and walking at 11.5 months.  Now she is weaning herself off of the bottle.  Next she will potty train herself.  Well I am hoping.  Here are some pictures, she is 14 months old now.

This was her all ready for our Sitters daughter's baptism

I don't know why, but she loves playing with the empty cereal boxes

We made a slip n'slide out of left over roofing material and she thought it was great!
 
Well, not much else to say, please pray for my husband so that he can find a job.
 
Later

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda,

    If Dallin is being laid off they MUST provide you with the COBRA option, and since they laid him off and he didn't quit on his own they should still be covering their portion of the premium or at least some of it. That might be cheaper then having a high deductible from Zions. Also Cobra is good for 18 months. So if that's the main reason you're staying at work, you might want to look into it and reconsider. I hope that helps. I know even paying full premium for Cobra while having this terrible Zions insurance has been a life saver for us. Thankfully Eric started a new job and not a moment too soon as Cobra ends next months for me and these guys have awesome insurance. So I'm excited about it. But I do hope Cobra option will work for you, cause you're right, Zions insurance is a POS!

    Also cute pics of the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are keeping us on till feb. We can't afford their cobra option after that. It is like 1600 a month and that is too much.

    ReplyDelete