Thursday, August 9, 2012

Your body after pregnancy

It is never ever close to the same.  I went to the doctor for the last time to have my Thyroid check to make sure I was not just in that "post partum" thyroid stage.  It is official, I have hypothyroidism.  The test came back still at a normal range.  Actually the number was higher than before, so I am stuck taking a pill for the rest of my life, unless the next pregnancy fixes everything!  Here's hoping.  There are a lot of complications that come from having this problem.  If you are hypo and do not manage it, you have the risk of your child having mental handicap issues.  If you are hyper, you run the risk of spontaeous abortion, heart failure in your baby, infertility, and one other that I cannot recall at this point.  I just hope that all stays well with my levels. 

Everything is going well with Izzy.  She is a walking MACHINE!  She has been walking since 2 weeks before she turned one.  I am so excited.  I like the walking, just afraid of the talking.  She has learned "no" already by shaking her head back and forth.  And, boy, does she do that quite a bit.  Sometimes she thinks it is funny.

Well, I have been using the myfitnesspal.com for almost 2 weeks and I am down, according to my scale, 7 lbs.  The doctors scale says otherwise, and I tend to go with the doctor.  So I will have to adjust my weigh in to 5.  Still not bad.  I have been trying to train for a Half Marathon in the Uinta Basin.  Hope all goes well.  It is in a month.  Not much else is going on. 

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment