So I haven't posted on this blog in over a year! Sheesh. I have been meaning to post by birth story as I have done for all my children. This is the best one yet:
You see, I had a natural birth. It was my goal at first, but about 2 days before I had Lillian, I chickened out. I had one none the less and it was amazing. Terrifying, but amazing.
I gave birth to a beautiful 7 lb 7 oz, 20.5 inch baby girl at 4:35 am January 10th, 2016. It was quite the experience. The night before the ladies at church had a baby shower for me. I left feeling kind of off. About 7:30 pm the night before I started to have cramps. Within 3 hrs they started feeling like contractions but moderate and were not regular. A few more hours later at about 1 am they were quite severe, but still not regular. I endured them for about an hour before I decided to have my husband take me to the hospital. So at 3 am, we called our friend Susan to come and stay at the house while we went to the hospital to get checked. She got over to the house about 3:30 am so we left and drove the 20 min to Harris Southwest. Since the ER is the only open door, I went in while my husband parked the truck. I walked up and told them I was in labor. She asked me if I was scheduled and I said no I'm in labor, in between contractions. The L&D nurse came down and asked the same thing and during a contraction I told her the same with a firm NO! So 5 minutes in the ER they took me up to L&D, checked me in and then took me over to triage to check me. I told them this was my 3rd kid as they wheeled me around. All the while having contractions that decided to regulate as soon as we got to the hospital. They were about 4 min apart at this point. In triage, while having contractions the nurse decided not to put me on the monitor and just check me really quickly. She took like a minute to figure out where I was at. She looks at me and says, "well your at a 7 so we are just going to take you back over to L&D and get you hooked up, your having a baby". Gee you think! Haha. So back over I went in full labor. They got me in the bed, called the on call, all the while contractions were coming faster. They came in to take blood and I asked for my epidural. They said they couldn't yet, but to let they know if I felt like I needed to push. Finally they said I could get the epidural, but they needed to check me first. So, I was checked. Yep, to a 10 and 0-1 in station. At that time, the on call and anesthesiologist walked in at the same time. I asked the nurse if I was still able to get my epidural and the OB looks at the nurse and anesthesiologist as I also tell her that I feel like I need to push, "UMM, No time for one, you are having this baby." OH MY HELL NO! I told them that there was no way I could do it. The OB asked if my water had broke and that was a NO. So she broke it and at that point I could no longer feel the contractions. Pain gone. It was strange, especially when they told me to push. Haha, yeah right. Now, I will tell you that when someone tells you about the ring of fire, dang that's true. I felt like I was sitting on hot coals while that head was crowning. It felt like and eternity! Finally the head was out and a swear it felt like a rubber band snapping back together once that head was out. The rest was easy. Lillian Jane made her appearance into this world 30 min after I got to the hospital. I would do a natural birth again. It was the most amazing experience and recovery was so much faster and easier. I was discharged from the hospital 30 hrs after a had her.
Well Lily, here's your story. You are a beautiful joy and 9 months old now. Where has the time gone. I love each of my 3 beautiful kids. Praise to the Lord that He blessed me with them.
Later
No comments:
Post a Comment