Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I work hard...

After having worked for the first 2 years of my first childs life and 33 weeks pregnant with a second, I feel that us ladies deserve a little time away from our kids.  So I posted on the RS page for my ward here in Texas that we were going to do a ladies night this Friday night and NO KIDS.  I did forget about the RS Homemaking/Enrichment/whatever the crap they call this now meeting.  So some of the ladies are going to have their husbands watch their kids Thursday night.  Fine and dandy, I am doing the same thing.  But apparently that needed to be made clear to me on my FB post.  One lady mentioned the RS activity and that she wouldn't be able to go since she would be attending the RS thing and didn't want to "overload" her husband with two days in a row for what would be the total sum of 4 hrs of his generally short time he would have with his kids living in their home.  AAAHHH, we as ladies need to stop worrying about our "poor" husbands.  We work just as hard keeping the house in a generally undestroyed order, cook them meals, feed the kids their meals all day, giving the kids baths ect, ect.  Really?  No wonder we are constantly comparing ourselves to others "perfect lives" when we can't give ourselves a break.  Anti-depressants are a common sight among the women in the LDS church and shouldn't be.  Ladies take some time for yourself and stop worrying about your husband and the kids that he helped bring to this world.  If your husband is anything like mine, he enjoys the time with his kids and doesn't worry about the time where you leave for a few blips in the evening to relax yourself.  I bet if you do some amazing things will happen not only for yourself, but with things like your sex life, intimacy with your husband, relations with that nagging/whiney child ect ect.  GROW UP!

Thank you Blog for allowing for my vent because I am sure that there are many on FB that would have been so offended by the above that they would de-friend me.  Yet another thing we shouldn't be is Offended.

Later.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not leaving Doug home with Leah just yet. He wore his shirt to work inside-out the other day. I want her to make it to her first birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah hah! "Generally undestroyed state."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny: you are going to have to give up the reigns at some point or burn out will ensue. He needs to learn to be a dad just as you need to learn to be a mom. By not allowing him the time alone, you are only furthering his distance from his daughter. He needs trial and error just as you do. He may be a little spacey when it comes to himself, but I bet he is going to be on the ball with a small child, especially his own. I left Iz with D when she was 5 weeks old so that I could have a nice dinner with a friend. I came home and she was still alive. He will be ok.

    CC: well we do try to keep it looking managed! haha, as much as we can. And it is going to get worse once the boy comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah every husband is different though and Doug is not your husband. Believe me, I am fine with relinquishing the reigns. It just doesn't work that way for everyone.

    ReplyDelete