Monday, January 23, 2012

Sittin' Up!

Well, today we had the 6 month checkup and subsequently more shots.  Each time she does better and better with the shots.  Crys less and less.  I even waited until after the visit to give her some tylenol for her little chubby legs where they gave her the shots.  She was great!  Funny, I knew she had pooped when I got to the doctor so I went back with the nurse to change her since they like to weigh the kids naked and as soon as I get her sleeper off ( 9am appt) she pees and poo and pee come out the back of the diaper.  Hehe, she left her little deposit at the doctors this time.  Most of the time they make me take the diaper with me, but since she needed a wipe bath the nurse was nice enough to just take all the dirty and toss it.  All of the nurses just love her when she comes in they all coo and tell me how cute and happy she always is.  Here are the latest stats:

6  mo 3 days old
26 inches - 57%
Head 44 cm - 86%
Weight - 17 lbs 10 oz

Needless to say, she is a chunker.  Now I just have to learn to ignore her at night when she screams at 3 am.  Time to let her sleep through the night again.  This little event has popped up in the last 3 weeks or so.  Doc says she might be going through a growth spurt, but to ignore her.  Easy for him to say.  She has now tried the following foods: Rice and Oatmeal Cereal, Sweet potatoe, green beans, peas, applesauce, peaches, bananas, pears...she loves them all except the peas.  Mom got me a baby bullet for Christmas and I LOVE it.  I save so much on making my own pureed foods for her.

The lizzard has now learned how to roll over because she wants to avoid tummy time.  She now also sits up too!  I love watching her make milestones.  Next is watching her roll all over and crawling.

Our sitters' time is coming to an end and we are going to have to switch her to a new one.  Tiff is a month from her due date and having some issues with the pregnancy so please keep her in your prayers!  I know she is going to miss Izzard and the Izzard is going to miss her.

Here is the picture of her sitting up!

SOOO CUTE!!

Later

1 comment: